Saturday 29 March 2008

Model Toad & Snail?


This week Mrs Brinkster alerted me to the fact that Model Road & Rail had been closed during the week and that she'd seen people carrying out large quantities of stuff to cars outside when she'd been passing. Today I snapped the picture above of the shop closed in the middle of a Saturday afternoon, so it would appear that it's closed or closing, although there's no sign in the window.

Being graced with three small Brinksters I have been in there many times and also bought stuff there too but they seem to have moved most of their transactions onto ebay here and there's certainly somebody still posting auctions up there. I hope they don't close as they've been in business for 34 years and it'd be a shame for Worcester Park to lose a business that's been around that long....... but I guess times do change.

6 comments:

Worcester Park said...

I think Worcester Park is suffering because people don't actually go IN to to the shops any more. They merely stand on the pavement taking pictures of shop fronts. Nutters. ;-)

The Brinkster said...

Go into shops!?!?Nope, that one hadn't occurred to me........ ;)

Anonymous said...

I am afraid to say he is closing. He is not making enough to even cover the rent.

The Brinkster said...

Anonymous
Do you know if that's because the rent has gone up so much or because sales have dropped?

Anonymous said...

I think it is a bit of both. He is making so much more on ebay than in the shop and having to work alot less to get a greater profit.

Anonymous said...

the high st is too big! the internet has killed off high streets so time to change the use of many buildings from commercial to residential rather than have some sorry-looking road of take-aways, charity shops and boarded up units