Tuesday 13 May 2008

Setting sale?

I'm a bit confused. This is not an unusual state for me to be in and is hopefully the precursor to enlightenment but I'll explain my quandry to you.

I was on the phone to Mrs Brinkster the other day whilst composing a blog entry and she related to me how Gosletts on Central Road was closed and announcing an impending 70% off, £785,000 sale and WP confirmed that it was a "Refurbishment" sale rather than a "Closing Down" sale. I would have been happy to leave it at that if it wasn't for a couple of things.......
  1. The sign says they're closed to prepare displays and change prices......... for a WEEK? It can't take that long surely?
  2. Why was there an enormous juggernaut pulling up outside the store at 7am this morning? If they were trying to get rid of the stuff they had in store to make space for new stock then they wouldn't be delivering it before the sale would they? Or were they taking the decent stuff away and replacing it with tat?
  3. How do you manage to have a £785,000 sale in Worcester Park? I could imagine John Lewis or Ikea having a £785,000 sale but............

Anyway, answers to all these questions will be revealed when the signs come down and the sale starts at which point I'll no doubt regret my inquisitive tendencies and wish that I'd spent more time thinking of constructive things instead. Or alternatively I'll go and buy some furniture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you please stop minding local businesses!

I think at a time like this local businesses need all the support they can get!

Not someone to put them down!

Please!