Monday 1 December 2008

Windsor Road closure

Following my observation about yesterday's closure of Windsor Road I've found out what it's about:

1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate the installation of traffic signal ducting in the carriageway, and because of the likelihood of danger to the public arising from the said works, it intends to make an Order the effect of which will be to temporarily close Windsor Road to all classes of vehicular traffic at all times.
2. The Order will come into effect on Sunday 30 November 2008 with the works expected to take two Sundays to complete. However, the Order will remain in force for 18 months to be re-introduced should further works be required. Note: these dates may change due to adverse weather conditions and/or works progress.

The good news is that it looks like it's related to coordinating the assorted traffic lights in Worcester Park to help speed up the traffic? Leaving for work early as I do I haven't noticed the effect on the traffic but has the closure made it better or worse?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's hope it is just trunking and not another set of traffic lights!

I regularly spend more time waiting at traffic lights then I do actually driving between the A3 and the top of WP at 5.30am when there are virtually no cars on the road. I wonder how much carbon is pumped into the atmosphere while motorists wait for no one!

The Brinkster said...

Hi Michael
See my latest post. You might wish you hadn't asked ;)