Thursday 13 October 2011

What have I let myself in for?

I spend a lot of time thinking. Thinking, for instance, about what the PCSO's were doing in the old Avventura the other Tuesday evening. Thinking about whether the signs of activity in the old TV repair shop means that the new dentist is going to open sometime soon. Just normal thinking stuff.

This is because not thinking has a habit of getting me into more trouble than thinking does. For example if someone from Worcester Park FC asks me if I want to play in some matches they're arranging the logical answer would be "over my dead body" but without the luxury of thinking time my obliging side comes to the fore and says "erm, yes". This coming from someone for whom running for a train requires a ten-minute recovery period and 'exercise' is a euphemism for 'walking upstairs'. No backing out now though so if you see an ambulance on Green Lane in the not too distant future spare a thought for me...

No comments: