Tuesday 8 May 2012

Scam-tastic

I had an email from a fellow Brinkley Roadian about something that happened to her on Sunday evening which I'm passing on in the hope that it will be of help should you find yourself in a similar situation.

--------------------
Last night (Sunday 6th May) at around 10.40pm i reached the Kingfisher restaurant and a white male, approx 29 years of age, fairly well spoken, tall (approx 6 foot tall), black jeans and jacket approached me. My first thought was that he was going to ask me for directions. Conversation went like this:
"Do you speak English".
Me: "yes"!
Him: "ive just had a telephone call to tell me my girlfriend has been involved in a road traffic accident, the door of her vehicle is all smashed in. I need to get to the Mayday hospital urgently".

I realised at that point he was going to ask me for money so i told him i had no money on me, which i didn"t.
He appeared very much on edge and then he ran off, probably to ask someone else the same thing. I told my friend who works in the police and she said it sounded like a scam.

Just thought i should let you know and if you could pass the word around so other members of the community are aware. I mentioned it to my next door neighbour and she said the same thing happened to her when she was in sutton last year.
--------------------

No comments: