Thursday 25 October 2012

Al Jenat supermarket opens

Walking home last night the new Al Jenat supermarket was open, or appearing to be doing a very good impression of being open at the very least. I didn't have the chance to go and pop my head in to take a look but perhaps one of you could nip in there today and let me know how it looks?

Hopefully it'll encounter more success than the immensely short lived "Worcester Supermarket" of a few years back that eventually appeared after a prolonged gestation then disappeared only a few weeks later with hardly a customer having passed through the doors. It met it's demise on April 18th 2007 according to my own blog and I managed to turn a phrase or two in its honour.

"I know you've been gagging for your latest installment of Worcester Park life, as gagging is frequently cited as a reaction to the content. Apologies for that but I've been poorly so haven't felt like it, but hopefully this will make up for it. 

Yes, it's over. When I went to work yesterday morning the counter of the Worcester Supermarket had gone, together with all the valuable stuff, and when I came home they were boarding it up. That has to rate as the shortest and most spectacularly bad business idea to grace Central Road in living memory and I can't say I'm going to miss it. Well, I could, but I won't. Mr Ink next?"

Fabulous lack of hope and foresight on behalf of Mr Ink then?

No comments: